Thursday, August 24, 2006

Cleaning up

So. One day left after today. I've already checked out.

Today is also the last day I will have to wear a tie for who knows how long. That in itself is cause for celebration.

I have been slowly cleaning up. My desk has never before been this crap-free. I still have a little more to do, but mostly things are in order, and I've already taken all my personal stuff home.

This morning I backed up a bunch of files onto CD - now I'm using a file shredding utility to make sure they're unrecoverable from my hard drive. I just might run a defrag after this...

I highly anticipate doing a whole lot of nothing tomorrow. Not that that's different from most days, of course.

My goodbye lunch is set for a nearby restaurant at 11:30 tomorrow. I've already gotten a going-away gift - an artificial knee. Don't ask.

The allergies were really bad yesterday, and I could barely breathe this morning. I took one of those Claritin dissolving tabs, which seems to be working pretty well. The coughing has been greatly reduced this morning, at least. I really want the symptoms to be gone for my first day.

Yeah... I'm bored. Maybe I'll write more after lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home