Monday, August 21, 2006

When I hear "Hitler", I automatically think "curry".

I don't know what to make of this.

Who thought this would be a good idea?

Now, even though I'm fairly liberal, I really don't like being overly politically correct; I am not going to censor myself simply because some people might be offended, especially where religion is concerned. I was, for example, 100% behind the idea of U.S. newspapers reprinting the Mohammed cartoons, and think every religion should be satirized in a similar manner. When it comes to this, there should truly be no sacred cows.

However, a man who was one of the most notorious mass-murderers of the last century is not someone to be idolized, or used to market a product, even ironically. Even disregarding the horror of the Holocaust (which is tough to do, I know), Hitler's megalomania was responsible for millions of deaths and untold suffering - is that really an association you want people to draw when they think of your restaurant?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home