Friday, August 18, 2006

Movies + other

Before we get into it, a little bit of related fun.

Now: Hell yes, I'm going to be seeing SOA(MF)P. I would argue that we all have an obligation to see this movie.

Please don't let the fact that it wasn't screened for critics put you off. Ordinarily I would agree that a failure to preview indicates an absolute stinker. But I don't think that's the case here. To wit: the movie in question is called Snakes on a Plane. Of course it's going to be bad. But it's also going to be a whole lot of fun. This movie, moreso than any I can think of (and I do pay close attention to things of this sort), belongs to us - the fans, the plugged-in, the blogosphere, the whatever-you-want-to-call-us. This movie was democratically made; it is of the people, by the people, and most especially for the people. So the critics can, quite frankly, suck it. Addendum: It would appear the critics don't hate it as much as I though they would. They can still suck it, though.

There are a couple of other movies coming out that I'm interested in. One, I simply cannot explain my affinity for; the other, I think has an intriguing premise, so I'll probably go see it despite my distaste for Ed Norton. I've also got this sitting next to my TV from Netflix. Needless to say, I probably won't get to all of these this weekend.

Other stuff: the cold/allergies are still here but seem to be getting better - hopefully it will be completely gone by the time I start the new job, as I'd rather not be having coughing fits when being introduced to my new co-workers. I have been slowly cleaning up my mess of a desk throughout the week, so I don't have to do it all on my last day. People have been coming by and e-mailing saying they're sorry to see me go. The Deputy CFO talked to me when she got back from Convention, and told me they're close to re-organizing the department, which doesn't exactly help me - I'm not sure if that was a subtle pitch to try and get me to stay or what.

Just 5.5 more business days till this chapter ends. I'll miss working here because everyone is really nice, but I'll be happy to be ensconced in a higher concentration of my people. Plus, I'm extremely frustrated with the food court I eat lunch at - the service is mediocre at best (as is the food) and I really want to strangle all the gorram tourists. It's definitely time to move on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading your blog today when my work computer crashed for the 2nd time. Crash as in - hot, smelling like smoke, shutting off. The Dell guy is going to have to come out on Monday and I got to go home to work. Yippee! Good luck with the cleaning up.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home